How would you like the chance to win a brand new KitchenAid kettle or toaster, courtesy of Housemakers?
I love a good cup of tea, I really do. However, ask any of my friends and most of them will tell you that they've never seen me drink one. At work I'm known as the girl who doesn't have a brew, and on the odd occasion that I've broken with tradition, my lovely friends have marked the moment with the use of our finest office china - it really is that rare!
'But how can you be an afternoon tea blogger and not drink tea?'
Now, I hate to think that you can have too much of a good thing, but on the off chance that this is true, I like to save my tea as a morning treat, with a slice of toast or Pikelet. Because of this, a kettle is one of my most prized possessions.
True, my current model is in dire need of an upgrade, with a leaking bottom and temperamental switch, but it's served me well and I'll always love it for that (soppy kettle moment over!)
|Everso Sophisticated Office Tea|
Anyway, how do you like your tea in the morning?
Here are my top tips, for anyone who's ever wondered exactly how Caroline makes her tea!
1. Fill your kettle 1/3 full and set to boil. Whilst waiting, do a little dance to welcome in the morning.
2. Find the goofiest mug available and carefully drop in a tea bag (white cups for illustration purposes only - actual collection includes, Harry Potter, Hello Kitty and Pepe Le Pew styles)
3. When the water has boiled, leave to cool for a few seconds, before pouring. IMPORTANT: Use these seconds to check twitter obsessively.
4. Watch the tea diffuse throughout the water for around three minutes, before removing the bag and throwing towards a bin.
5. Add a dash of milk to taste and stir.
6. Enjoy your tea - Simples!
Fancy the chance to brighten your morning routine? Housemakers are running a rather fabulous competition over on Facebook to win a brand new KitchenAid Artisan kettle or toaster. Simply give them a 'like' and vote for your favourite piece HERE, to be in with a chance of winning. Entries open until 31st August. Good Luck!
In Collaboration with Housemakers